Thursday 5 September 2013

An Unexpected Kind of Love

I am not the sporty type of person. Almost any form of physical activity is torture for me. Just the thought of sweating and running makes me cringe. But just a couple of weeks ago, I found out that I was "required" to play soccer baseball and so I obliged and started practicing. I was really scared at first because I had ZERO knowledge about the sport; well, except for the fact that it involves pitching a ball, kicking the ball, and getting your face hit by the ball. This is definitely not my thing. I was like a fish out of water; a bird underwater; I was not in my element at all. 

As the days went by and I got to learn the technicalities of the sport, the fear and the "dislike" started going away. Kick after kick, catch after catch; it was hard to admit but I was actually starting to enjoy soccer baseball. There's a different feeling (aside from pain) I get when I catch a ball or kick it really high. It's a feeling that I don't usually get but in a good way. I never imagined the day when I would actually learn to LOVE a sport. Okay, maybe not "love" exactly but appreciate. 

Before, I never imagined myself playing such a physically demanding sport because I am not exactly the fittest person around but I gave it a try and actually enjoyed it. The greatest lesson I learned from this experience is: Open your mind to new things or experiences. You never know, it might be one of the best decisions you'll ever make in your life. 

How about you? Tried doing anything new lately? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment