Thursday 24 October 2013

Food Heaven

Our recent visit to S&R was nothing short of a food trip. We got there around at 3 p.m. and I didn't have lunch yet so you could just imagine how hungry I was. haha. It was torture looking at those people bringing big boxes of pizza. I was so hungry that even the cardboard box seemed appealing. Yes, the dry cardboard box was actually making me drool. haha. Even my mother's face looked like a slice of pizza to me during that time. LOL. Once we arrived, we immediately had our late lunch. 

I had their pepperoni calzone. I've always wanted to try this but I always ended up ordering pizza. That day, I was finally able to try and boy, was it good! Sadly I don't have pictures which is sad but I'll try to describe it. haha. Basically, the calzone is folded pizza filled with LOTS of cheese and pepperoni. They also have a vegetable calzone. Once you slice the calzone, the melted cheese oozes out! Amazing! HAHA.

My sister tried their Southern style fried chicken. She said it was good but KFC was better. haha. My sister gave me the other piece of chicken so I got to try it as well. I liked the breading. The chicken was tasty on its own. It was also juicy! 

After our lunch, we went around a bit and bought some stuff. We also tried their food samples! They were giving samples of glazed donuts, rocky road brownies, double choco chip muffins, pepperoni pizza, Haagen-Dazs chocolate ice cream (which was on sale! Buy 1, take 1, people!) and soy milk. They were also giving out samples of ground dried fish but I didn't try it because I'm not really a fan of fish.

Before we left S&R, I tried their Iced Mocha and shared fries with my sister. I really loved their iced mocha! It wasn't too sweet nor too bitter. It tasted just right. I also loved the fact that they used this fancy shmancy machine to extract coffee or something. I think that was a coffee press or an expresso machine. I don't really know. Haha. Seeing that it was made from scratch (and they used techie stuff) makes me think that the drink is legit and not something that came from a bottle and simply transferred into a plastic cup.

We don't go to S&R to buy groceries, we go there to eat! Haha. I really love the food there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment